Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Not for those with weak stomachs...

If you're a blood and guts junkie like me, this won't bother you; if you're not, don't say I didn't warn you....

I posted pictures of my now bunion-free left foot a week after my surgery...

...now I'll show you what it looked like at almost-three weeks (stitches out)

...and ten days later (four weeks post-op).
You can really see the swelling and bruising fading. And the itchiness (take a look at the redness surrounding my big toe) is subsiding as well!! In two weeks I go back to the doctor and he's hopeful that I'll be getting the green light to start putting some weight on my foot (we won't tell that I've been practicing a little bit at home, will we?!?).

2 comments:

  1. OMG boo, Kate! My feet were even MORE swollen than that when I was pregnant with the twins and I hated every second of it - I can't imagine having to HEAL on top of that - ICK! So sorry chica! Let me know if there's anything I can do... I'd paint those nails some color that minimizes the purple look ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I WANT to, but my doc wants to leave them natural so he can ensure there's no infection, etc. So I can't even paint the other foot because he needs to be able to compare to my natural coloring. Little does HE know....my natural toe coloring is some shade of pink/red or if I'm feeling fancy, French!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete