That's the only way I can describe it, folks; I'm just giddy! It's been one of those days, actually a couple of days by now, where everything just makes me smile!
For instance: I got my stitches out on Friday. Saturday morning, I had to be up at 5 am for Reserves stuff, but I didn't mind because I got to take my first shower in nearly three weeks! And when I discovered my doctor seemed to have missed a few of the stitches, I didn't mind or get annoyed, because I got to rub lotion into my dry and flaky skin before wrapping it in a new Ace wrap! And I got to talk to Patrick for a good long while while I was at work to top it all off!
Sunday, I got to talk to Patrick again! And we recently found out that he's coming home sooner than we originally thought. That said, I see the updates on my friends' Facebook pages. Their husbands (members of the command that is relieving Patrick's) are in the throes of turnover and pre-deployment briefs. They are telling their children why Daddy has to leave for a long time. They're planning special afternoon outings and favorite meals, preparing for the Goodbyes you can't ever really prepare for. I'm so sad for those ladies and their families, and I almost feel guilty that I'm happy about their sadness because it means Patrick is coming home. At the same time, however, I know they understand and are happy for me. I know that because the sorority of military wives understands. We've all been there before, and we'll all be there again. Still, though, I'm ecstatic Patrick will be here soon!
I also saw a rainbow on my way home Sunday evening. Right before I went out for dinner with a dear friend and got free drinks because the manager thought they took a bit too long. I didn't mind, but I sure didn't mind a freebie either!
I just can't contain myself. We've had amazing warm weather the past couple of days. We're talking windows down, sunglasses, and loud music warm! The perfect evening to take a walk after supper with a glass of wine in one hand and the hand of the man you love in the other. Except that I can't walk yet...and the man I love is still too far away to hold hands with. But I can look at the stars and know he sees the same ones. I can read his emails and listen to his voice messages. I love that it's thisclose! I love that it's so close, in fact, that we are planning his parents' trip out here to see him. I love that the hair cut I'll get in three weeks is the last one I'll get before he's here. I love that I'll be able to walk by the end of the month. I love that we're planning a summer vacation that doesn't feel like it's eons away!
I mean, it's even so close that I'm starting my spring cleaning/honey do lists so everything will be perfect before he gets here! I'm planning meals he loves and has missed! I'm planning our Missed Holiday Extravaganza, his birthday, fun weekend get-aways or day-trips. I just can't wait...I'm so excited I could squeal!
I'm just giddy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment