
To say that I am overwhelmed is a bit of an understatement. We have 15 days left here on the West Coast. Really we only have 14, since we take off on the 15th. In 10 we move into a hotel in preparation for the packers. The next two weeks are full of doctor's appointments, graduation events, moving prep, tying up loose ends, packing, and organizing. Oh yeah, and I'm 25 weeks preggo. But I have a ton for which to be thankful, and one of these days I'll get around to filling you in on what's been going on around here in the last little while... For now, here's Five Question Friday, with a special prayer request from Mama M rather than a fifth question...
1. What do you give teachers for gifts? Ummm.....Bunkey's too young for teachers, so we're not there yet. But honestly, I'm not one of those people who give my hairdresser, manicurist, mailman, etc a Christmas gift, so I'm not sure if I'll be the parent that goes all out getting gifts for teachers on the first day of school, Teacher Appreciation Day, Christmas, and the last day of school. I just think that is all a bit too much. We'll see. I will likely get shamed into it by the other parents. But it'll be something small. Like $5 small. Christmas is expensive enough as it is and I need to think of ways to cut back rather than spend more!
2. Do you text? One finger texter or total pro? Let me start by saying that I'm one of ten people in the country who doesn't have a smart phone. I don't even have unlimited texting. I have the $5 plan that is no longer available on Verizon. And I only added it a year ago, when we "discovered" that the three-hour time difference with our friends and family on the East Coast just made texting more convenient for certain things. My husband didn't add texting to his line until recently, and had to upgrade to the $10 plan since the $5 was outdated! But I do have a Qwerty keyboard on my phone, which I love, so I can do the two-thumb thing!
3. Do you give back during the holidays? If so, in what way/which is your favorite charity? With me not working and our family expanding, our charity giving isn't what it used to be. But we do our best. Typically at Christmas and Easter we put more in the plate at church. Throughout the year we also donate to Goodwill and try to give our time at a soup kitchen. But my favorite act of kindness is that which we do on Christmas Eve. Following Mass, we take a plate of Christmas cookies to the closest military base near our home a give the treats to the guards on the gate. It's just my way of thanking those who are away from their families and keeping my family safe!
4. If you would've been the sole winner of the 575+ million dollar Powerball jackpot, what would you have done with all that money? Pay off all my bills and those of my family. Save enough to secure the futures of my husband and me and our children. And then provide some for our parents retirement years. After that, I'd start giving to charity, one million at a time.
5. Will you please take just a moment to spread the word and pray about my friend's missing family members? There still is no news, and I can't imagine their pain and worry. Facebook prayer page: Prayers for Trista, Shy and Matt Mama's friends are of course in my prayers and will continue to be until they are found!
No comments:
Post a Comment