Saturday, December 1, 2012

What's Cookin' in December?

Katie-Kate's Kitchen
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!  Well, not around here, it's not.  Not only do we have mild weather year-round in Monterey, but since we're moving in two weeks, I decided not to bust out the Christmas decor.  That's practically sinful, since, if you know me in real life, you know I'm the tradition/holiday Nazi.  But I never, never, never, decorate before Thanksgiving, since that's in conjunction with our annual Tree Trimming Party, which is the kick-off to Christmas around here!

Anyway, so we're not decorating (bah humbug!).  I'm not making cookies (double bah humbug!).  But I am serving our traditional Tree Trimming party food (and I might bust out a miniature tree for the table, so so we have a little holly jolly around here) and I am turnin' up the Christmas music en masse, starting today!  Our annual Christmas Poem (my grandma started the tradition of writing a poem, rather than a Christmas letter, each year, and my dad followed suit....then of course I had to join in the fun when I moved out on my own!) will be mailed out today, and later this week I'll gather all the gifts so that as we traverse the country in a couple weeks we can deliver the goodies to our family as we visit along the way.  It'll be just like Santa delivering toys to all the children!  We should be at Mama's house by Christmas Eve (her birthday!).

But just because I'm not making cookies doesn't mean you can't!!  Here are the holiday favorites that graced our cookie jar last year!  Come on over to my kitchen where I'll pour you a glass of milk while you nibble cookies and I copy down the recipes for you!


The Best Sugar Cookies, Chocolate-Pecan Fudge, Bourbon Balls,
Cranberry White-Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment