Well, at 24 weeks preggo, I'm finally venturing out of denial. Last Sunday, as I was getting ready for church, I finally admitted to myself that my options are getting more limited by the week. It's time to suck it up (since I can no longer suck it in) and admit that it's time for maternity clothes.
Yes, I've been wearing some "fat girl" clothes for a while now, still able to button and zip the two pairs of dress pants I own in larger than normal sizes. But now the waistband is starting to fold over under the pressure of my growing belly. I didn't want to admit I needed some other options because I didn't want to buy more maternity clothes. After all, this isn't my first rodeo! But I keep having to remind myself that I'm simply not at the same stage of pregnancy as I was with Bunkey. He was due in early June. This time I'm due in mid-March. So of course the seasonality of my maternity clothes is slightly off. Last time around it was late winter before I needed maternity clothes, and by the time I really needed them a sundress and cardigan would do me just fine. Yes, I was at the 24-26 week range with Bunkey when I first needed the elastic waistband. And as of tomorrow, I'll be 24 weeks. It's time to face reality!
The fact of the matter is that I need clothes to wear. And all girls feel better when they have something new! And we're moving at Christmas time. To a place that actually has seasons, and therefore will be cold. I need to be warm. I need to be comfy (we're driving cross-country). And a sundress just won't work! But I'm also a bit on the picky side when it comes to my clothes. I wouldn't say that I'm some super fashionista, but I do appreciate the quality that comes with spending a little more. And I'm no different when it comes to my maternity clothing. I scour racks for empire waists in larger sizes to give my wardrobe a little more variety. And in doing so, I found a great little dress to wear for Hubs' graduation as well as Christmas! When I'm not preggo, I can just have things taken in!
Anyway, here are some of my recent finds for winter maternity-wear:
 |
| Animal Print Cardi, Old Navy |
 |
| Teal Accordion-Pleat Dress, Banana Republic, paired with teal and gold accessories, black pumps, and a black belt over my belly |
 |
| Cowl-Neck Sweater Dress, Old Navy, with ribbed leggings and booties |
 |
| Metallic Stripe Sweater, Old Navy |
 |
| Crossover Tunic Sweater, Gap |
Ooh, thanks for the Old Navy pics - I could use a Christmas party sweater and that gold striped one is awesome! I'm only 18 weeks with my first, but I've been rocking the maternity pants for a couple weeks because they're just so much more comfortable.
ReplyDelete