Saturday, October 29, 2011

Yet again...

Remember my neighbors who let their guests park in my driveway?  Well, they're at it again.  

Hubs babysat tonight while I went to Halloween Bunco at a girlfriend's house.  And when I came home, about three hours later, there was a strange car in my driveway.  I came in the house and put my purse down (it was a bit heavy since I won $35!!  Go me!!) and asked Hubs if he knew about the car.  He didn't.  I asked him what he thought we should do.  I suggested leaving a simple note on the car since we'd never seen this car before and didn't know who it belonged to.  I suggested knocking on the door and asking our neighbors if the car belonged to them or their guests, since their lights were still on.

Hubs and I both agreed that knocking on the door was the best course of action.

I rang the doorbell.  No answer.  I could hear people inside.

I thought perhaps the doorbell didn't work, so I knocked.  Again, no answer, but the dog came to the door barking.

I rang the doorbell again.

This time the woman who lives there came to the door.  I asked if she owned the car and she just stared at me.

A man came to the door with her and said it was his car.  I guess he was the guest.  I felt like something strange was going on, but I wasn't sure.

I told the woman that I'd appreciate it if she'd tell her guests to park in her driveway and not mine.  Again, she just stared at me.  The man asked if he should move his car.  I told him it was fine for now, but in the future I'd appreciate it if they could park in the street or in the driveway that belongs to that house.

The woman continued to stare.

 I went home and told Hubs what happened.

Next time I'm parking across the "mouth" of my own driveway and blocking in whatever car happens to be there.  

I'm hoping I don't have to do that.

2 comments:

  1. That is definetly strange! Maybe the woman is cheating on her husband with this man! And wants the evidence left in your yard! WEIRD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I woke up one morning to find strange cars parked in my driveway from a neighbor's party the night before. I called a tow truck! They arrived within 30 minutes and towed the two cars away. The neighbor and I weren't on the best of terms, so I had nothing to lose! =)

    ReplyDelete