Friday, October 21, 2011

On Having a Boy

This might be a TMI, but for those of you with kids, particularly sons, I thought you'd appreciate the first of what I'm sure will be many antics of my little man...

We're having another couple over for dinner tonight.  So in addition to trying to get Bunkey a tad bit ahead of schedule so I can get him fed and done with his dinner before our guests arrive, I'm running around trying to tidy up and prep what I can in advance.  Bunkey was sitting in his lamby lazy boy and playing with the new football Hubs bought him the other day, and as I walked past, picking up other various toys, I noticed he was awfully wiggly...and then I smelled that smell.  Yes.  That one.  The one that means there's a full load in his diaper.

So, obviously, I proceed to change Bunkey's diaper.  I lay him on the floor, open the offensive diaper, and go to town with the wipes.  Of course one hand is tied up holding his legs in the air to keep his dirty hiney from getting even dirtier.  Bunkey takes this opportunity to grab his *ahem* boy parts (yes, the ones that rhyme with *dolls*). And he doesn't stop there.  He continues to play with them.  And yes, they're covered in shit.  Nasty shit.  Shit that looks like the sweet potatoes he ate for lunch.  And my hands are otherwise occupied.

Thank goodness Bunkey decided on his own that he didn't want to eat his hands as per his other favorite thing to do.

Ahhh.....boys.  I can't wait until he gets older.

I told Hubs he needs to teach his son the proper time for playing with himself.

Sigh.

3 comments:

  1. Funny. What's worse a little boy touching his privates or a little girl? My little girl will poke at her pee pee and squeel 'pee pee!!!'. Yeah, awkward. Especially for her dad :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, this happens with pretty much all boys. Whenever I would go home to visit when my nephew was young, my job during diaper change was to hold his hands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah. Jack does the same thing. Although the other day he was pulling on his boy parts and I was like 'don't pull too hard on that, it might come off!'. I am so not ready for this. hahaha

    ReplyDelete