This past weekend, we had lots of family in town! My in-laws arrived from Louisville and my aunt and uncle flew up from Southern California, where my uncle is stationed. They were here for a very specific reason: Hubs's promotion! That's right, Hubs now technically outranks me. But only on paper. At home I rule the roost. I'm kidding. Sort of.
Anyway, my dad was supposed to be the one to promote Hubs, but since he passed away, it obviously wasn't going to happen. My uncle was the next best thing, considering that Hubs's situation here at the postgraduate school doesn't allow for a very personal promotion ceremony.
We were able to conduct the "ceremony" in the gorgeous rose garden at the old Del Monte Hotel at the Naval Postgraduate School. Monterey's normal foggy cool weather cooperated and we had warm sun and bright skies the entire time! After my uncle administered the Oath of Office and I pinned on Hubs's new insignia, we went inside to the Trident Room for a couple of celebratory drinks!
Later that evening, Hubs treated the entire family to a fabulous dinner at Clint Eastwood's Hog's Breath Inn in Carmel! I experienced fresh artichokes for the first time (they're right up there with avocados for fabulous foods grown in this area!) and am a huge fan. And I followed up with an amazing ahi tuna dinner. Mmm.... My mouth is watering just thinking about it. After dinner, we came back to our house for dessert and coffee while Bunkey entertained us all! He was a big hit and loved meeting some more extended family for the first time!



Congrats! And beautiful grounds for the ceremony.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to the hubby!
ReplyDelete