Monday, September 5, 2011

In the blink of an eye...

I can hardly believe it, but Bunkey-Man is three months old!  It's like I blinked and a quarter of his first year was already over!  Where is the time going?  As far as milestones, we're chugging right along.  He can hold his head up for extended periods, at 90 degrees when on his belly, grasp a rattle, coo extensively, bat at a toy held over his head, and is thisclose to rolling from tummy to back!



Bunkey really is a happy baby, cooing and smiling in the mornings when I rescue him from the crib!  He loves bathtime and bedtime stories, and of course I cherish those moments when I rock him in the moonlight before putting him down for the night.  And, oh by the way, he's been sleeping through the night since six weeks, but now he sleeps later in the morning, which makes for an even happier baby (and mommy, too!).

And today we reached another milestone, marking one step closer to toddler-hood, and tugging at my heartstrings as I realize he won't be a baby forever!  Today, Bunkey tried his first taste of rice cereal...and loved it!  I know all the books and doctors say to wait until four months, or even six, but it was time, and Bunkey was letting me know.  He was gnawing on my arm, his hands, bibs, and burp cloths.  He's been chowing down on his bottles and watching intently when I eat.  And it was getting to the point where he just wasn't staying full for as long!  Adding more bottles wasn't an option just so I could wait it out for another month, so I decided that when he turned three months old, we'd just see how he did with cereal.

And he took to it like a fish to water!



1 comment: