Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Stick a fork in me; I'm done.

With Anatomy and Physiology, that is. I took the first half of the class last semester and got an A. Thought I was invincible and all that. After all, I followed an A in Microbiology with an A in Anatomy & Physiology 1. So this semester, even after I enrolled in a full-time nursing program at the local hospital, taking classes from 8:00 to 4:00 five days a week, I also registered to take A&P 2 at night. Obviously, it was another "easy" A. Obviously.

Did I mention that the lecture and lab would mean that my Tuesdays and Thursdays wouldn't end until 9:30 pm?

I changed my tune after the midterm lab practical (consisting of identifying various structures on wet tissue, microscopic tissue/histology, and naming a plethora of organs). My grades in the lecture portion of the class weren't quite so abysmal, but let's just say I spent an entire semester in fear that my lab grade, worth 40% of the total grade, would sabotage my future in the class.

Especially after I got my grade for the lab final earlier this evening, just before taking the final for the lecture portion.

So what did I do? You guessed it! After I finished my test, I made an emergency Taco Bell run, came home, and immediately ran the numbers. And I passed the lab portion. Not a great grade, but not terrible, and in some circles certainly even considered decent.

So now I just sit and wait for the lecture grades to be finalized to know my fate...

Stick a fork in me; I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment