...and so has my herb garden! I got out of class early today, so I spent the afternoon at Lowe's (military discount everyday if you show your ID!) picking out herbs for my summer garden and then took advantage of the cooler evening to plant!!
I'm trying to hide the A/C unit with pretty herbs! Pictured are mint, German thyme, and rosemary. On the other side are lemon thyme and lavender.
Sweet basil (front pot) and taragon, chives, oregano, and more chives (back trough). The empty pot will get flat parsley as soon as the store gets it!
I planted this Knock-Out Rose last summer and it's HUGE (not to mention gorgeous and my favorite color!). The June Bugs love it, but I'm already stocked up on spray...learned my lesson last year!
And last but not least, a whole pot of cilantro! I'll probably do two or three plantings this year alone...I make a lot of Mexican food and homemade salsa! In the bed behind, I have Scottish Heather, Dwarf Gardenias, Rhodies, and some butterfly bushes (white and purple) around the rose bush that haven't bloomed yet...
No comments:
Post a Comment