Friday, August 17, 2012

5QF: I'm Mama's Soul Mate

Ugh; it's Friday!  I'd be more excited, but the first thing on my to-do list today is an 8:00 dental appointment.  So not only do I have to be up and at 'em relatively early (a major feat with a toddler!), but I have to go to the dentist.  And if you know me in real life, you know I'd rather deliver a baby with no drugs than go to the dentist.  I'm like Mama M like that.  I think we might be soul mates simply because we both hate dentists...oh, and because she has my dream job!  Yep, I'm halfway through my second bachelor's degree (in nursing, to my 1st degree in marketing) and my goal is to be an L&D nurse...and later a Certified Nurse Midwife.  But I digress.  You came here for Five Question Friday.  So here we go...

1. What's the one thing you buy every time you walk into the store?  Depends on the store.  Lately, at my weekly grocery run, it's been Peanut Butter M&Ms.  What can I say, I'm preggo and they're my weekly treat!  At Target, well, I still might get those M&Ms, but I probably stock up on toiletries, diapers, and greeting cards.

2. If you had a day all to yourself how would you spend it?  Today, sleeping.  Last night I just could not fall asleep.  I got into bed around 9 or 9:30 and played a game online for a little bit, got sleepy, and turned out the lights.  I laid there wide awake until 11, when I gave up and decided to play some more and read some blogs.  That lasted until I got sleepy around 1 (and also my Hubs waking up and asking why I was still up), so I once again turned out the lights and closed my eyes.  But my brain just wouldn't turn off!  Finally I came downstairs and read (my Kindle) until about 2:30, when my eyes started drooping for the third time.  So I went back upstairs and crawled quietly under the covers, so as to not wake Hubs up.  As you can guess, after the walk upstairs, I was once again awake!  I think I finally drifted off around 3, but Bunkey was up at 6...  Sheesh!  And the opportunity for a nap never came today.  Here's hoping I sleep better tonight!

3. Are you a speed limit driver? If not, over or under?  I'm usually over.  Depends on the area, though.  In neighborhoods I stick right around the limit.  On the highway, It's no more than 10 over during the day/busy times and no more than 15 over if there's no one on the road with me!  I'm definitely more conscious of my speed than I used to be.....but though I've been pulled over at least a dozen times, I only have one speeding ticket.  One.  And I've never cried in front of a cop, either.

4. What's your favorite dessert to make, homemade or from a mix??  Depends.  If I want chocolate, it's brownies, preferably with peanut butter swirled in, from a mix (I'll add the PB though).  If I want a refreshing summery something, I like Key Lime Pie, and I make my own.  In the Fall I love Apple Crisp (again, my own).  For just every day, I love ice cream, but since I started my pre-wedding diet in 2007 I don't have it in the house on a regular basis.  I can't remember my last pint of Ben and Jerry's...  We get the no sugar added or a mango sorbet!

5. Would you rather have a spider or a mouse scurry across your face (no copping out and saying "neither!!")?  Hands down, mouse.  I loathe spiders.  I can smash them with my shoe, or a wad of toilet paper, but I cannot fathom having one on my face.  Oh gross.  When I was a little girl my older brother told me I should always wear panties under my nightgown because spiders would crawl up there and lay eggs inside me.  I haven't worn a nightgown since.  I always sleep in shorts and a t-shirt...and panties!  Yes, even on my honeymoon!

3 comments:

  1. Peanut butter M&M's have been my favorite candy for YEARS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I wonder if brothers ever feel any sense of remorse for the trauma they cause to sisters? ;-)

    And I hope you sleep better tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried the peanut butter m&m's. But I think I will today.

    http://www.memoirsofmeandmine.com/

    ReplyDelete