Much as I hate to admit it, my little guy was on the road to mulletville. Yes, that's right. I admitted it. That's the first step, right?
Bunkey was born with a head full of dark hair. It was gorgeous. But within a couple of months, it all fell out and he resembled Carlie Brown. His little head was soon covered with peach fuzz, but not before an awkward stage of having a ring of dark locks around his ears and the back of his head..kinda like a monk.
Finally all the dark fell out....or simply disappeared, because I surely don't remember find baby hairs anywhere, and his hair started coming in blond. More on the back and sides than the top and front. He has my dad's hairline, what can I say?!
Well, it was starting to get rather long on those sides and in the back. Borderline mullet long. When Bunkey woke up, the hair on the sides stuck out like Einstein. When he ate peanute butter and jelly for lunch he'd play with his hair and end up with a sticky matted mess. My husband insisted I wasn't feeding him right! Like if I somehow gave Bunkey only two bites of his sandwich at a time (we cut the 'wich into bite-sized pieces until he learned how to actually take a bite rather than shove the whole thing in his mouth at once!) he wouldn't touch his hair. Uh huh. Yeah right. It didn't matter what I did, he'd get his food in his hair!
I finally gave in and decided it was time for a trim. My husband was opposed. He didn't think we needed to go that route quite so soon. I think he was worried about $30 hair cuts twice a month! Granted, I understand. The barbor on post here charges $9.40 for a children's haircut, which I think is silly for a 14-month old. It's even sillier when you think about how often my husband gets his hair cut. But I don't think Bunkey's hair is growing quite that quickly. And he doesn't have Navy Uniform Regulations either!
So I broke down. I got the hair cut.
And we've had no more peanut butter in the hair since!
(But my baby looks decidedly like a little boy now, and not a baby!)


No comments:
Post a Comment