Friday, August 10, 2012

5QF: Mama's Gettin' Pampered Today!

Wowzers!  It's already Friday?!  I know, I say that every week!  But this summer is just flying by!  It's hard to believe that we'll be moving in just over four months and diving head-first into another round of military moving chaos!  But, today I'm gonna slow down and enjoy myself!  I'm getting my hair done today (it's long overdue!) and relaxing with my little man.  I've been making an effort to share special one-on-one time with him, knowing that in a few months I'll have to share my time between two babes.  Truth be told, that part of having Baby H 2.0 hasn't really hit me yet.  But I'm sure as the weeks go by, they will.  Did I mention that I'm already nine-and-a-half weeks along?  Good Lord, the first trimester is almost over.  I don't know if that thrills or terrifies me.  Anyway, let's get to the party!

1. Thunder storms- love them or hate them? Love them. As long as I'm inside and not driving. I don't mind if the power goes out because there's something super romantic about doing everything by candlelight. However, the only time we've lost power since having Bunkey was New Year's Eve and he was long asleep, so I might feel very different about lit candles, no power, and a toddler!

2. Do your kids get back to school clothes? Bunkey's not school-aged yet, but I'll answer with the way I think I'll be when the time comes. I imagine he'll get new school supplies. I'll try to keep new back-packs and lunch boxes/bags to a minimum (maybe every other year? every three years?). But I do firmly believe in a brand new outfit for the first day of school, and I imagine that every September will come with some requirement for at least a few new articles of clothing and perhaps new shoes. We'll see how it goes and what our budget is when that happens. If I'm working again things will be very different than if I'm still staying home every day, so we'll see!

3. Do you golf? Do you watch it? I drove the beer cart one summer while I was in college. Does that count? I don't watch it on TV or otherwise. I like fast-paced sports! Hubs golfs (but doesn't watch on TV) and he's trying to get me into it, without pressuring me because he knows that'll mean I want a set of clubs and all the cute little outfits! But maybe one of these days when the kids are older/in school I'll take some lessons so we can hit the links together. It is a great activity for couples of any age, soooo.....

4. Showers or baths? For every day I shower. I don't like sitting in dirty bathwater. But on the rare occasion, after a long day or an emotional one, I've been known to take a shower and then fill the tub with clean bubbly water, light some candles, pour some wine, and just relax for a bit. It honestly doesn't last long, because I don't want to deal with a ring in the tub, but it's nice to enjoy some piece and quiet when I can!

5. What's the strangest meal you ever ate? Living overseas for six years, doing extensive traveling, and always being up for a culinary challenge, I can say I've eaten some very strange things. Escargot, haggis, and blood pudding come to mind, though I'm positive there are more!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you're a brave eater! Me, just give me some meat (preferably beef) and potatoes and I'm good. ;-)

    And way back in the day, I thought I might learn to golf so hubby and I could go together. He did buy me a nice set of clubs, even. I went ONCE. Scored in the triple digits and (no surprise) didn't particularly enjoy it. Maybe someday when we're retired I can try again.

    ReplyDelete