Anyway, let's get on to Mama's party!

2. How did you choose your pet's name? We don't have a pet yet. However, growing up I had two dogs. The first dog's name came from a combo of my parents' initials. The second dog was named after the village we lived in in England.
3. What are you considering giving up (cable, home phone)? I'm considering giving something up?!
4. How much do you pay your babysitter? We live in California, where the going rate is $15-20 per hour. Yes, you read that right. I just can't justify that amount and was lucky enough to find a sitter who met all my qualifications who's willing to sit for $8 per hour. Of course by the time we tip it's more like $10...but considering Little Man is always bathed, fed, and about an hour from bedtime when she sits, everyone involved agreed that it was a fair amount.
5. How "young" is old enough to babysit? I started babysitting when I was 9. But I was sitting my own little brother and my older brother (11 at the time) was always with me and our folks weren't far away. I started sitting for other kids when I was 12, which on base (at least back then) was the requirement, as was successful completion of the Red Cross Babysitter's Course. I will say that in Virginia you must be 12 to stay home alone, so I'd start there. However, with my own infant, I'm most comfortable with a sitter who is college-age. Now that I'm a more secure mother, I'd probably go for 16 and up though.
I would love to have a college age sitter. When I was in college I watched my sister-in-law's kids and I always think how lucky she was to have me. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteWow! I didn't realize I could supplement my pension check just by babysitting since I do it for free for my 5 grandchildren
ReplyDelete