It's been a while since I've written a Retro Mama post, so I thought I'd try to get back on track.
Before I became a parent, I was always on time. Early even. To the point of needing to drive around the block for a while.
Not so anymore. Now I'm lucky to even get into the car before I'm already late!
I've heard this is a phenomenon of mommy-hood...and I'm starting to believe it. Yes, it's taken me over a year to admit that to myself.
The truth is, I do do a pretty good job. But there are days when I'll simply put things off because I don't feel like leaving the house. Days when I'm just exhausted and want to give my son the opportunity to stay home and play in his own environment rather than being cooped up in the car and carted around all day.
And I've realized that while I might make all attempts to be on time, most people are not, so I really shouldn't waste the effort being early when on time, or even five minutes late, will do.
After all, there are bigger priorities in my life right now!

No comments:
Post a Comment