Holy Moly, I can't believe it's already the weekend! It's been a bit of a crazy week around here, only I can't put my finger on why, exactly. We haven't had any huge projects... Maybe it's because I'm drilling this weekend? Maybe my mind is just a bit full with everything going on in my life right now? Maybe it's because I haven't been sleeping well? Who knows. Here's hoping August will slow down and give me some time to breathe! Until this, it's time for Five Question Friday, so here goes!

1. What do you call them - flip flops, sandals, thongs, or slippers? OK, this is easy. Here's the run-down: Flip flops have no strap across the back and they make that distinctive "flip flop" noise when you walk. They're nicer than the 100% rubber cousins, "Shower Shoes". Sandals have some sort of strap across the top and/or back to securely fasten them to your feet (i.e. no "flip flopping" noise). Thongs are barely-there panties that my dad would say contain less cotton than the top of an aspirin bottle. Slippers are also known as house shoes and are to be worn only inside the home, as opposed to the young ladies I saw a few years ago walking on a treadmill at the gym in fuzzy bunny slippers.
2. Are you a "my kids can do no wrong" kind of mom or a "Johnny punched you? Well what did you do to him first?!" kind of mom? Well, I only have one child right now, and he's only 14 months old, so I'm not really either of these moms just yet. However, I'd like to think that I'll be a hybrid of the two. I don't want to immediately look for the bad in my child, yet I understand that kids will often antagonize each other and then conveniently leave that part of the story out when they're tattling on their siblings. Yes, I know; I have a brother 18 months older than me, and I took full advantage of the fact that my parents always told him he was responsible because he was the oldest and therefore "most mature"...I don't think that was so fair to my big brother (even I can admit that now)!
3. Would you confront a good friend that looked/looks down on your husband/significant other? Absolutely. In fact, I've confronted my own parents when they said something derogatory about my husband. And they quickly apologized and agreed taht what they'd said was unfair. I subscribe 100% to the idea that I can say whatever I want about my family/husband/friends but no body else better do the same. Likewise, I make a conscious effort not to bad-mouth other people's families and spouses. It's just a bad conversation to have....right up there with money, sex, and politics!
4. Biggest pet peeve? Hypocrisy. And misspelling they're/their/there and to/too/two (among others). Now let me go double check to make sure I didn't screw up any theres! :-)
5. What's your favorite take out meal? Well, I love Chick-Fil-A and Jimmy John's and we don't have either where I live. I can't wait to move back East so I can have both at my beck and call again! But I'm also a sucker for take out pizza or anything Mexican. Oh, and the Vietnamese Noodle Bowls we can get down the street from our house. Oh gosh, I just love any food my husband offers to bring home so that I don't have to cook or do dishes. Take out is awesome because I don't need to get all gussied up like if we were going out to a real restaurant, but I don't have to do the aforementioned cooking/cleaning up for the meal. We need to do take out more often!
What a beautiful fam pic on your blog!
ReplyDeleteGood answers! And for #5 with such a small child you don't have to worry about their behavior in a restaurant by doing take out!
ReplyDelete