Wednesday, December 23, 2009

"Reset Safari"

Ya know that command you can choose from one of the pull-down menus on your web browser that resets everything? It's pretty awesome. One little click of the mouse and I've wiped out my browsing history, cookies, auto-fill, cache, and anything else the internet automatically saves. Ever wish you could do that to your life? Just click the reset button and wipe out a whole day, start over fresh?

I'm having one of those days. The kind where I have a list about a million lines long and only one day to finish everything. The kind where I'm not even awake yet and my phone is ringing with people asking me to do things for them. The kind where I bite their heads off instead of trying to find a solution and help as best I can. The kind where I just want to scream at everyone to remind them that I've helped them out a thousand times but I don't have anyone here offering to help me decorate a tree, set a dining room table, decorate Christmas Cookies, clean a house, wrap gifts, bake, or do my last minute shopping. The kind where I forget the real meaning behind this season and just want to feel sorry for myself, sad that Patrick is gone and grumpy that I have such a load on my shoulders. Ashamed that some people would love to trade loads with me. My mother isn't in the hospital with breast cancer spreading to her lymph nodes. My husband didn't lose his job in the failing economy. I'm not awaiting a multi-organ transplant. We're not homeless, hungry, or cold. No one is sick. No one is in jail. No one is in trouble. Some would love to have my menial little problems.

Just click "reset". Erase the history of this morning when I yelled at my family. Finish the cookies that will be delivered to the base tomorrow. Delete the auto-fill items plaguing my dishwasher, laundry basket, and pile of items waiting to be filed away somewhere. Wipe out the cache of items on my to do list.

Get rid of the mean Grinch-like spirit crushing my Christmas joy today.... Click "reset".

No comments:

Post a Comment