Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Just Once...

This week (and last week, for that matter) have been nothing short of awful! Remember that book Alexander and the Horrible, Terrible, No Good, Very Bad Day? Well, that has been the last two weeks for me.

Just once, I want to get everything marked off my "To Do" list without something coming up at the last minute.

Just once I want my instructors to go by their syllabi and not add on more assignments, papers, or exams at the last minute.

Just once I want the mailman to arrive when I'm home so I don't have to drive down winding country roads to pick up the millionth piece of stupid certified mail that the Reserves insists upon sending me.

Just once it'd be nice if someone from the Reserve unit would call me to ask why they are missing some piece of paperwork instead of making it part of my official record and threatening to kick me out for something stupid like a dental check up. I can't make the appointment if I don't know you need one, but is administrative action really necessary?

Just once I'd like something to make sense. I want to know why my orders were cancelled and I was told I'll be Drilling somewhere else. Why? What's the reason? Some silly dental exam? A piece of paperwork I can produce in two seconds? Just tell me and I'll fix the problem and save you the time and money involved in paperwork and postage!

Just once I'd like to get to bed before midnight. And sleep through the night.

Just once I'd like a decent meal instead of nuked vegetable lasagna that diminishes into nothing, requiring me to eat hummus and baked pita chips for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment