
I saw this on an old friend's blog and thought it was a wonderful idea, especially in this month of giving thanks! The idea is that you reflect on something (or someone) you're thankful for at the top of every hour throughout the day. I am not promising that I'll only post these on "Multitude Monday", or that I'll limit myself to November only, but that as I am thankful, I'll post my reflections... I hope that you, too, will find thankful moments in your busy lives! So without further ado....
Today I am thankful for:
1. E-mails from my deployed husband
2. My brother mistaking "Curdled Milk" for "Girdled Milk"
3. The 66th anniversary of my grandparents' first date, and the hope that I can celebrate my own 66th anniversary
4. Aching muscles that remind me that my body is healthy and continually growing stronger
5. Sunshine and warmth after a terrible storm
6. The health and well-being of my family after the terrible storm
7. My new boots, which I know are just an earthly possession, but they're awfully fabulous
8. My husband providing for us so that I can fulfill a dream of a career in nursing
9. The man who came and fixed my leaking window today and didn't even charge me
10. A delay until next week on my anatomy test
11. Finishing all the left-overs in my refrigerator
12. My father arriving back home safely after a business trip
13. A clean house
14. A college dormmate being out of the hospital for a month
15. Receiving my first Drill Weekend paycheck and knowing that I am also contributing to our family
16. Being almost done with my Christmas shopping
17. Continually learning about Patrick through our deployment "game", Table Topics (where I send him a question everyday and we each answer)
18. Old family photos
19. New recipes to nourish the body
20. Weekly Mass to nourish the soul
21. Dad helping me with chores around the house that Patrick normally takes care of
22. Mom's wonderfully wise advice
23. Knowing that Todd (my big brother) always has my back
24. Knowing that Jake (my little brother) does too
No comments:
Post a Comment