Wednesday, December 5, 2012

December so far...

It's move month.  And that means I need to make my reservation at the Funny Farm.  No, I'm serious.  It's only the 4th and it's already been a super busy week!  So here's what we've been up to...

December 1st:  I had a paper due for my Developmental Psych class on the third.  I set aside the entirety of the first to do the research, write, edit, and submit the paper.  Hubs and I had a little study date at the kitchen table while Bunkey was between playing and napping so I could work on my paper and he could prep for a huge presentation he gave yesterday.

December 2nd:  After Mass, I put Little Man down for a nap while Hubs worked some more on his presentation and then I went over the the mall.  I had literally two more gifts to buy, so I was able to finish that up, and enjoy a little quiet time at the mall!  We'll be delivering gifts as we make our way to the East Coast in a couple of weeks, so now I need to go on a wrapping spree to get everything packaged up!  Of course, the brunt of our gifts were purchased online and are waiting at my mom's house, so I'll have to wrap those when I arrive on the 23rd...  Maybe I can convince someone to help me out at the last minute....

December 3rd:  I spent the morning at the lab doing my glucose screening for pregnancy.  Apparently, even since I was preggo with Bunkey the rules have changed and now they require everyone to do a two-hour screening.  With my first pregnancy I only had to do a one-hour test.  So I had to go and get stuck three times.  And I had to take Bunkey with me.  And I was starving.  But he was a super trooper and it all went well!  After the lab, we met with friends for a visit at the Aquarium.  The Monterey Aquarium is awesome, but expensive, and this week visits are free for residents!  So I was excited to take Bunkey again.  He got scared in the parts that were dark, loved the tropical fish, and picked out a shark and story book in the gift shop when we were done.  After the Aquarium we went out to lunch and wandered around downtown a bit.  It was such a nice day out, and one that I really needed, but it was a looooong day for my little man, with no morning nap, and he was just pooped by the end of the day!  Hubs had to shake him awake in time for dinner...and this morning he slept in for over an hour!



December 4th:  Today NPS had their Quarterly Pre-Graduation Awards ceremony where Hubs was receiving an award!  So Bunkey and I naturally went to the ceremony to cheer him on!  I think Bunkey just went for the Christmas cookies at the reception following!



And yet we still have a packed schedule!  Just to round out this week we have Bunkey's 18-month well-baby appointment, our move-out pre-inspection with the base housing office, my last hair appointment before we move, Mass on both Saturday (Feast of the Immaculate Conception) and Sunday mornings, along with a visit to see Santa some time this weekend.  Oh yeah, and I need to take my Psych final at some point over the weekend!

Next week is our last week here!  We will move into a hotel on Monday.  Additionally, I have my final OB appointment (along with a placenta check to monitor my placenta previa situation), the carrier for our second car will arrive to ship that vehicle to the East Coast, and the packers will begin boxing up all our schtuff!  The packers and movers will be here Monday through Thursday.  Thursday they'll finish up and we'll have our final inspection with the housing office.  Friday morning is Hubs' graduation ceremony, and we'll be going out to dinner with friends that night.  

Saturday morning we'll wake bright and early and make our way to the East Coast, which will take us about two weeks to reach our final destination when you count stops and visits with family along the way...  But I'll keep you up to date with all that as we go along!  For now, just realize we're very busy.  

I'll try to keep up with blogging and posting pictures of all the awesomeness along the way, but I'm being realistic here.  We're down to nothing in the fridge, so I'm at the grocery every day trying to come up with dinner ideas that only require a few ingredients...  I need to get organized and figure out what we need to take in the car with us.  We need snacks, toys for Bunkey, clothes, toiletries, baby gear, important papers, and probably a few miscellaneous things that the packers won't take for us.  But we'll figure all that out in the coming days...  I just hope I don't forget something!  

But, don't get me wrong!  I'm ecstatic to be going back to my homestate!  Thrilled to be near my entire family (seriously, my whole side of the family will be within three hours, except for my mom's dad and two of her siblings)...  Happy to be starting a new adventure and getting settled in a house I just love!  Oh yeah, and I've only been mentally decorating each room for months now, so I can't wait to see it all come to fruition.  Of course I'll be posting pictures as we go along!!  :-)

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment