
I laughed out loud when I saw the questions for this week's Five Question Friday over at Mama M's place! These questions have my name written all over them. And, since I'm exhausted with move prep, holiday prep, and graduation (for Hubs) prep, I'll just get right to it... Enjoy, and don't forget to stop by Mama's to join in the fun!
1. How many times have you moved and do you have any tips? Ha! Well, I'm in the middle of a move right now, but in my entire life. Hang on....give me a sec...have to add them all up! OK, I'm coming up on Move #13. In case you hadn't guessed it, I'm a product of the military, so all those moves are either attributed to my dad, myself, or my husband. And honestly? I wouldn't have it any other way! I love the adventure of a move...I just don't care for all the work that goes into the process....glad I don't have to be the one packing all the boxes!! Tips? Organize everything! We use zip-lock baggies to keep the nails for each room together, so that when we go to hang pictures, curtain rods, etc, each room is grouped and we don't have to go hunting for that perfect sized screw or whatever... Label boxes, and then label the rooms in which they belong on the delivery end so that each box can be placed just where it needs to go rather than lugging pots and pans from the bedrooms to the kitchen and sheets from the basement to the bedrooms. Keep your inventory sheet handy and mark each box off the list as it comes through the door so you know just what you're missing (hopefully nothing)! And, if you have room, keep the essentials (can opener, small toolbox, etc) in your car with you rather than on the moving van!
2. Do you have a budget for the holidays, or just keep sliding the credit card and have a heart attack in Jan? We have a budget. It's strict enough to keep me in check, but not so strict that I have heart palpitations if I go one dollar over. And if I go significantly over for a particular person, I try to go a little under on their birthday gift that year, so it all evens out.
3. What is the one medical thing you avoid like the plague? I avoid all the medical paranoia. I don't wipe down my grocery cart. I don't keep Purell in my purse. I don't go out of my way to come into contact with germs (I'm not a fan of shaking hands at church with someone who just sneezed into their hands) but I don't freak out about the presence of germs in my life...
4. What your least favorite Christmas song? Anything with the annoying Chipmunk voices. Makes me want to claw my eyes out. Really, I love the traditional songs sung in a traditional manner!
5. This Christmas are you spending more, less or about the same? Why? We're cutting back for the three of us (me, Hubs, and our son) because we're moving and buying a new house. And we're cutting back naturally because I've lost both my grandmothers since last year. And we're cutting back with my sister-in-law's branch of the family tree as we revised the gift giving rules with them this year...
No comments:
Post a Comment