Thursday, December 8, 2011

My Favorite Things: Clothes for Little Boys

It's no secret that I love to shop.  And, while I certainly haven't denied myself (much) since having a baby, I can certainly appreciate all the mothers who once told me I'd stop shopping for myself and start showering my little guy with new stuff!

For the first several months, I relied on a majority of Bunkey's wardrobe to consist of sleepers and one-piece outfits with socks.  Somewhere around three months, I ventured into more outfit-esque clothing.  It was difficult because there's a very small infant section at the PX here, and both Targets in our area are definitely geared toward girls clothes!  It's not fair!  There are so many cute options for boys!  The simple fact of the matter is that baby clothes can get expensive when you're shopping at the malls.  And Bunkey pretty much outgrows his clothes in six to eight weeks.  So I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg on that sort of thing.

So when I received a 20% off coupon from Carters.com (must've been in a mailer, because I have no idea how or even when I received this goodie), I hoarded it, waiting until Christmas when I knew my expenses would be steep.  I mean, let's face it.  Bunkey is way too young to know what Christmas is all about, so if some of his presents are clothes, he won't mind so much.  And yes, I'm a firm believer that even babies who don't know what's going on should receive Christmas presents.  Hell, my mom was born on Christmas Eve, three weeks early.  And even she received Christmas presents that first year!

So, when Hubs and I discussed the Christmas budget, I decided that I'd break Bunkey's budget down:  30% from Santa, 30% toys, 30% clothes, and 10% stocking.  And so far I'm doing really well!

Here are some of the adorable clothes I found for my little man, ordered in 12- and 18-month sizes (he's in 9-month clothes now):





No comments:

Post a Comment