Thursday, December 1, 2011

My Favorite Things: Christmas Ideas for Little Man

I'm not gonna lie.  When I found out I was preggers, my mind immediately went to holiday fun with little feet pitter pattering around.  I can't wait for the magic of Christmas to wrap itself around little Bunkey-Man and for him to understand what this season is all about!

And yes, I realize that, especially in this first year, he'll have absolutely no clue what's going on or that holidays are any different from any other day, but we're still celebrating, and including him in the celebrations!  He did go Trick-or-Treating, he did enjoy some Thanksgiving foods, and he will visit Santa!

So of course, Santa will be visiting us!  Here are a few things on Mommy's Bunkey's Christmas list:

We love to read, and these stories are classic!

On Christmas morning, my parents always made us wait at the top of the stairs while they started the coffee, turned on the Christmas tree lights, and made all the final preps.  We always took a picture of us kids on the stairs before we rushed down to see what Santa brought, and it's a tradition I'd like to continue...wouldn't this sleeper be perfect for that first Christmas photo?!?

I have a feeling toys are about to take over my life...and we don't have a playroom.  Here's hoping my in-laws will come through for me with a toy chest!

Hubs is from Louisville, KY.  Our family room is therefore decked out with several Derby themed prints and artwork he's collected over the years, to include "Two Dollar Win" featuring Secretariat.  Bunkey stares at that print all day smiling and laughing at the horsey.  So I'm crossing my fingers Santa will bring him his very own "Secretariat" to play with for years to come!

1 comment:

  1. Christmas is going to just get more and more fun over the next couple of years. I can't wait either. Jack is getting blocks for Christmas. I figure he doesn't need a ton of stuff, since mostly he will want to just eat the wrapping paper, but I wanted him to have something.....and secretly I want to play with the blocks too :)

    ReplyDelete