One year ago today, I called my daddy. I had no idea that it was the last time I'd ever speak to him...at least while he was alive. For the life of me, while I remember that conversation very vividly, I cannot remember the last time I saw my father, hugged him, before I raced to the hospital on that horrible day, three days after I spoke to him on the phone.
My point is this: You never know when this time will be the last time. Don't waste any opportunity to tell your loved ones how you feel. No matter how angry you might be. No matter how much they might annoy you. Always tell them you love them. Even if you feel uncomfortable saying those words. Even if you have the type of relationship where you each know in your hearts that you love each other. Find a way to say the actual words.
I am so glad I told my daddy I loved him that day. I am so glad he wasn't "too manly" to say it back to his little girl.
I am so glad to have had 27-plus wonderful years of my father's love, guidance, and support. While I feel robbed at losing him so young, I know there are many who are not as lucky.
I love you, Daddy. And I miss you every day.
"I will see you again...but not yet."

I lost my Mom this summer. Sucky. Glad you had a good conversation before he passed.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! Very important message. Big hugs sweetie.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful picture and sweet words!
ReplyDelete