Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Movie Madness

Movies that drove me mad, that is!  We've had a Netflix account for a while now, and I absolutely love that we can browse movies from the comfort of our own home and have a date night snuggled up on the couch!  Let's face it, even the comfy movie theaters don't give you enough space to truly stretch out.  Hubs and I take turns picking movies, keeping our queue up-to-date pretty regularly.  And, for the most part, we're good about watching the movies right away and getting them back into the mailbox so we can get the next flick quickly.  I'm fairly certain Netflix is losing money on us!

Anyway, recently I've been less than thrilled with some of our selections.  Granted, I can't get too upset, because the $10 monthly fee we pay for the service is drastically less than if we'd seen these movies at the theater.  But still, I hate that we wasted a couple of nights watching bad movies...especially when these were so popular!

A few movies that came highly recommended but that I was ready to turn off (and in some cases did) about half an hour into the film?  They were either boring, too hard to get into, or just stupid humor the became obnoxious!



Like Bridesmaids, for example.  Everyone said it was the chick version of The Hangover.  Ummmm.  No. Where. Close.  This movie was so stupid and I'm fairly certain I didn't laugh once.  The Hangover, on the other hand?  I was rolling in the bed, nearly peeing myself I was laughing so hard!  

Something Borrowed?  Eh.  It was ok.  At least I watched the whole thing.  But there were some parts that just dragged on.  I'd definitely consider it a rental, since I know I'd never watch it a second time.  And honestly, even the book was just ok, even for chick-lit.  

The King's Speech was actually intriguing to me.  And I enjoyed the part I watched. But something came up and I had to stop it.  I had every intention of going back to finish the movie, but nothing really pulled me in...ya know, that feeling of I just have to see how it ends...  So after a few days, I'd forgotten all about it, and eventually just mailed it back.

We also watched Bad Teacher the other night.  Again...just ok, considering all the hype.  It was ok, but it ran on a bit long...

So...what movies have I enjoyed recently?  Funny.  Touching.  Action.  The things that make me want to keep watching.  Hopefully we have a few good flicks coming up.  I could use some serious couch time after a super busy couple of weeks!





No comments:

Post a Comment