Monday, November 7, 2011

Time keeps flying...

Can you believe Little Man is already five months old?!?! Time is really flying!

Not much new going on around here. The night before his "birthday" Bunkey was up all night! He didn't feel well at all, had sniffles, a runny nose, and a little cough too. I felt so bad for him and couldn't get him comfy. He hates getting his nose sucked out (I can't blame him!) and he wanted his paci for comfort, but he couldn't breath through his nose, so a paci in his mouth didn't work either. I ended up bringing him in our bed and he dozed off and on laying on my belly. I, of course, didn't sleep at all...and Hubs wasn't much better than me!

So Friday morning, I called the doctor's office as soon as they opened and made an appointment. No fever, no ear infection...just a little cold. Of course Binkey picked the first weekend I have to drill in Alameda (110 miles away!) to get sick for the first time! Dr W told me he could have Tylenol to help with fussiness, but that other than that he was fine! His weight was up nearly a pound and a half from his 4 month visit (14 pounds 11 ounces!) so that made me happy! I'm hoping he's around 17 pounds at 6 months, which would put him back around the 50th percentile... At any rate, we gave Bunkey two doses of Tylenol on Friday and that helped him so much. His appetite didn't wane one little bit, so he couldn't have been that sick! :-) And Friday night he slept all night long with no issues at all!

Hubs said Bunkey did great on Saturday, and they just hung out and watched football and went to pick up a pizza together! Hubs didn't need to give him any more medicine and when I got home he was smiling and laughing on the floor and just generally happy....but still a bit snotty! Saturday night he didn't do as well and woke between 2 and 3. Hubs tried to get him back to sleep (in the crib) so I could get some sleep before my mega-commute back to Alameda, but Bunkey just wanted his mommy...so he ended up in bed with us for a couple of hours all snuggled up between us. When I got up at 4:30, he snuggled right up against his daddy...and apparently stayed there until close to 7:00! Hubs said he was a bit fussy yesterday, but still no need for medicine. When I got home, he was being whiney, but he ate all his dinner, loved his bath, and went right to sleep.

So....I think we're on the mend here. I picked up a butternut squash on my way home yesterday and am roasting that right now to puree for Bunkey's next new food. Perhaps all the Vitamin A and other nutrients will help him feel better! My drill went really well and I like my new unit. I'm the only female on the staff, and one of two Lieutenants (which is like a Captain, for you Marine-variety readers). They made me the Assistant Operations Officer, so it seems like I'll be doing a lot of the same things I did at my last unit in Norfolk. I did find out that since I live so far away the Navy will pay for a hotel for me during drill weekends, so next month I'll take advantage of that. Actually, next month I will have to drill twice...once to do my official Indoctrination with the Reserve Center in Alameda, and then the following weekend because my specific unit is holding their Change of Command and it's an All-Hands event. But...that just means I'll get two paychecks, and they will let me "skip" a drill weekend in the future since I'm doing an extra now (with the Reserves you're only allowed to do 12 drill weekends per year). My plan right now is to do my two weeks of Annual Training time in June, during Hubs's summer break. I will "have" to travel to Hawaii for that, since my unit supports Pacific Command, located on Oahu... The plan is that Hubs and Bunkey will be able to join me while I'm there for a little summer vacation! It will be just after Bunkey's first birthday, so hopefully traveling with him won't be too bad! I am just crossing my fingers that it all works out!!!

Anyway, enjoy the pictures of Bunkey on his five-month "birthday"! I know he doesn't look too chipper...this is the day he was feeling the worst, right before bedtime....



No comments:

Post a Comment