Friday, November 4, 2011

Happy November and 5QF

Yeah...I'm late to jump on this bandwagon.  Let's be clear:  I love me some Mama M, but up until now I've chuckled, laughed, and downright guffawed while reading her Five Question Friday posts (and the other folks who follow along).  And I keep meaning to play along (really, I do!) but life gets in the way and between folding laundry, emptying the dishwasher, and all my other daily chores, I just haven't made the time to join in the fun...

So...now I'm finally popping my 5QF cherry (sorry if that burned your virgin ears)...  Hope you enjoy!

1. What movie do you love to quote?  Ummm....hell-ooooo!  Gone With the Wind, duh!  I'm from the South and I love fabulous dresses, big houses, pretty horses, and handsome men.  What other movie is there?  Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!...Well fiddle-dee-dee....As God as my witness, I'll never go hungry again...  There are just too many to count.  I love the movie.  I love the book.  I love Scarlett (and Rhett).

2. Have you ever ridden a motorcycle?  No.  And I don't plan to.  Ever.  And if I ever hear of my son riding one (or anyone else I love, for that matter) I'll beat them silly.  Because, honestly, that is better than their brains being smeared all over the highway somewhere.  Motorcycles are unsafe and I get nervous every time I see one on the road.

3. What's your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?  Well, when Hubs is home....  [cough cough].  Oh wait.  This is a family blog.  [Well, how exactly do you think we became a family?!?].  OK, so other than that I like to pop a big bowl of popcorn (the old fashioned way, on the stove, with extra salt and butter) and watch old movies (see #1).  Oh and order dinner in.  Yep...sounds like a great rainy day to me!

4. Do you prefer a bunch of small gifts, or one really big, (expensive) gift?  Depends.  On my birthday I don't mind on big gift.  But on Christmas, I just love to see a big mountain of gifts under the tree.  Of course, if those were all small, Tiffany-blue, boxes with white satin ribbon and filled with sparkly jewels, I wouldn't complain...  But I do love to see that ginormous pile of presents!

5. Do you ever lose track of days and show up somewhere wrong?  More like lose track of days and not show up the place I'm supposed to be.  Yeah.  That's more like it.  Blame mommy brain.

Link up with Mama and play along!  (All the cool kids are doing it!)

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading your answers, so funny!
    I like seeing a big pile of presents too, it reminds me of being a kid again :)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete