Monday, September 27, 2010

Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

I'm gonna be a mommy!!!


Hubs and I are beyond thrilled to announce our news!  We only found out this morning, so no details as yet, but I suck at keeping secrets, so waiting out the first trimester wasn't going to cut it for me...  Instead, I'll share with you our family's reactions:

My mom, at 6:00 this morning when I called to tell her:  "Huh?  What?  Wait...did you just say...?"
My dad, in the bathroom, hollering at my mom when he heard:  "Tell Kate I'm birthing something totally different right now!"  Ew.  Gross, Dad!

Big Brother, via text:  What???  R U knocked up?

Little (but very tall) Brother:  just smiles

MIL:  squealed

5 comments:

  1. OMG your Dad's response is hilarious and would be my brother's response! CONGRATULATIONS! So exciting, I don't think I could wait to share the news either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really am so happy for you! Please let me know if you have ANY questions - I'm totally here! And you know, I really thought that your last blog post was going to be the one announcing this, based on the title... which is kinda er, um, a lot of info ;o) "Planting the seed"... hahaha, imagine my surprise when it was about ND instead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Kate! Your dad's response is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! I love that you showed everyone's responses. Great idea, even if it led to some unfortunate turns (lol).

    ReplyDelete