I've been on the hunt for quite some time for candle holders. No, not just any candle holders; I need special ones. We received some gorgeous silver candle holders as a wedding gift, but they're just too formal for everyday, and I wanted something a little more rustic, a little more country French feeling, for every day...something I could use for a romantic, yet casual date night at home. I was thinking wooden, or bronze-y, or just something that doesn't look like I need to bust out my china for it to all match! Well, it seems that no one wants the taper candles anymore, even though you can find plenty of those in the store... All the candleholders are for the fatter pillar candles! Not what I was going for! Any time I went into any store that might remotely have something candle holder related (we're talking antique stores, craft stores, homegoods stores, quaint giftshops, department stores, and everything in between) I'd scour the shelves in search of the perfect casual candle holder. Nothing. Finally, on a trip to Pier One, I found these, which you may remember from this post:
Well, they weren't exactly what I wanted; I'm not really into the multi-colored look (besides, none of those colors really matches my house), but the shape was perfect. And for $10 each they were much more economical than the perfect set I'd seen online, available hand-carved from olive trees in Italy, for over $100! But let's face it, I'm not going to spend over $100 for wooden candle holders. So I did what anyone would do. I bought the rainbow colored candle holders, went home and found a large piece of cardboard, and sprayed the suckers with several coats of black paint! And then they were perfect! I can't wait for our next date night at home so I can light these up for some super romantic mood lighting!
No comments:
Post a Comment