OK, so normally I don't blog about every little thing that happens in my life, but I couldn't resist this one! Earlier this weekend, I made my weekly grocery run, but I wasn't able to find everything I needed at the store closest to my house (I simply couldn't deal with the Commissary on a long weekend). Anyway, I'm trying a new recipe tonight (you'll see it later if it turns out yummy!) and I needed lobster meat, so this afternoon I left Hubs playing his PS3 (his promotion present to himself; I still think my new piece of furniture, which arrived on Saturday, is way more fabulous!) while I ran over to Harris Teeter. On my way home, I stopped into Walgreens for some...erm...feminine products. I stood in line at the register waiting for the lady to decide what type of cigarettes she wanted to try that day week thinking, Gee, Lady, if it takes that long to decide, why don't you do us all a favor and just quit...or at least step aside so I can pay while you browse the cancer sticks?! When she finally figured her purchase out, paid, and left, I plopped my box of ovulation testing sticks on the counter, tried my best to not make eye contact with the big muscular guy behind the counter (I still don't know why I feel weird making these purchases...I'd buy a few boxes at a time if I weren't superstitious and didn't think that I'd jinx myself by having "extras" on hand), and swiped my credit card. And then, Big Burly Man asks...wait for it... "Would you like a bag with that?" Are you kidding me?!?! Of course I want a bag with my pee sticks! Who in the world would just walk out of the drug store proudly carrying their box of Clear Blue (or in my case, Walgreens brand...at $20+ per box, I had to switch to generic!)??
What about you? How has a cashier made you stop and say "Are you kidding me?" lately?
Hahaha, some people are so clueless. Although one of these days I'd like to proudly walk out of a store carrying a box of tampons and see how many men keep a wide berth.
ReplyDeleteHi Kate!
ReplyDeleteFunny!
Recently I bought 16 items and figured I'd just put them in my purse and carry them because i'm too cheap to pay the 5 cents for the bag, and the cashier proceeded to put stickers on ALL 16 ITEMS!