Even though summer's winding down, I figured I'd pass on these tips that I recently read about... Did you know:
~You can immediately relieve pain and swelling from a bee or wasp sting by applying Ban deodorant directly to the area.
~Rinse hair that has been turned green from chlorine with Canada Dry Club Soda to change hair back to blond.
~Pour Heinz White Vinegar over a jellyfish sting to relieve the pain (I was stung by a man-of-war in the 6th grade; I can tell you this trick really works!)
~Pour two cups of Cheerios in a blender and grind them into a fine powder on medium-high speed. Put the powdered Cheerios into a warm bath and soak in the oats for 30 minutes to relieve the itching from poison ivy. Be sure to use a plastic or mesh drain cover to avoid clogging the pipes when you empty the tub!
~Pat sunburned areas with wet Lipton tea bags. The tannic acid in the tea relieves the pain.
~Use an ear-dropper to put a few drops of Smirnoff Vodka in an ear affected by Swimmer's Ear several times a day to kill the bacteria and fungus.
We just used rubbing alcohol for the water in the ear when I was young. Same idea. I think I'll keep my vodka in the kitchen, next to cocktail shaker where it belongs! Good tips though.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to buy some club soda today for this green swimmer's hair of mine. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteAll of which I never knew. Interesting.
ReplyDelete