Monday, August 23, 2010

Multitude Monday: The Grand Finale

This week's Multitude Monday will complete my list of One Thousand Gifts! Although I will not be including my thanks in future posts, I hope that I will continue to reflect on "the little things" that make my life wonderful on a daily basis! Thanks for taking this journey with me!

981. Spending a weekend evening with new friends
982. Enjoying a relaxing lunch with a wonderful friend and catching up on all the exciting things happening in her life
983. A content feeling of being settled with a happy marriage, home, family, and plans for a wonderful future
984. My brother's 29th birthday this coming weekend, and plans to visit him to celebrate!
985. My little brother's first football game and the start of his senior year of high school
986. A heart-felt and well-spoken homily by our new priest at Mass yesterday
987. Working with my husband to organize our important paperwork and make the office a more efficient workspace
988. Feeling my husband's loving gestures even in the midst of a fight which resulted in the silent treatment by both of us, and after a sufficient cool-down period, being able to talk calmly about how we each upset the other
989. Plans for a lunch-time Girl's Date with my mom later today so we can catch up after several hectic weeks
990. The start of my nursing home clinical rotation (although I think I'll be more thankful when it's over)
991. Cooler temperatures that make eating outside and taking walks in the evenings more bearable
992. Health and happiness...especially as I go for my annual check-up later today
993. The consignment shop opening back up!
994. The end of summer, which soon will bring football season and family togetherness during the holidays!
995. Movies that seem to reflect my life at the moment, allowing me to see the big picture and what's really important
996. Knowing how to get stains out
997. Being the person my friends come to for advice about "grown-up stuff" like buying a house, making a meal, finding that special someone, and more; I feel wonderfully wise...and just a little bit old (*sigh*)
999. Looking around and knowing that, even through varied struggles, disappointments, and a few deployments, I have it pretty darn good!
1000. Being so thankful for so much in my life, and learning the importance of reflecting on all the things I should be grateful for instead of dwelling on the low points...

No comments:

Post a Comment