Well, the beauty of a road trip is that you can change your plans if you'd like! This morning, we decided to boycott Ottawa and Toronto... The weather forecasts weren't looking promising, meaning more touring and sight-seeing in the rain, and trying to "do" five major cities in a week was really just a bit ambitious even for the most adventurous travelers. I mean, I consider myself a world-traveler after living and visiting some of the places I have, but lugging suitcases in and out of hotels and spending hours driving to a new destination every 24 hours is really quite exhausting. We had a blast in French Canada, but Patrick didn't think I'd enjoy the more "American" cities of Ontario as much. I'm sure they're wonderful, and we'd like to do another vacation in order to see them, but it was really just too much this time around.
Instead, we cancelled our hotels in Ottawa and Toronto, moved our reservation in Niagara Falls up a day (to tomorrow night), and booked a B&B in Niagara-on-the-Lake for this evening. Our Bed and Breakfast, Green Oaks, is located on the edge of a gorgeous vineyard and after a seven hour drive from Montreal through Toronto's construction and rush hour, we were ready to relax and get a good night's sleep! This town claims to be the prettiest in Canada, and from what I saw on the drive in, I believe it! We had a lovely pasta dinner on the patio at The Old Winery in the historic district and as we're in the wine and antique region of the country, we plan to visit a few vineyards in the morning before heading to Niagara Falls...
Vineyards dotting the roadside on the way into town...
Our B&B, Green Oaks
Our room...such a comfy bed!
Oooo I love B&B's! Sounds wonderful.
ReplyDelete