A while ago, when I was picking up a pizza in Haymarket, I discovered a food truck parked behind a gas station that advertised soft-serve ice cream. Always up for a little variety, and happy to help local businesses, I made a mental note and mentioned to Hubs that we should keep the ice cream stand in mind for hot summer evenings when a treat is in store.
And, a couple of weekends ago, such an evening arose! We'd spent a day at the pool, we wanted to get out of the house a little, and we'd already enjoyed a yummy pizza dinner...the perfect Saturday...made only more perfect with ice cream! Hubs and I opted for a large Tornado with cookie dough topping, splitting the ginormous cup three ways, and impressed with the flavor of basic soft-serve ice cream. But really, the memory isn't in the quality of the cone, but in the experience.
Pickle Bob's is nothing but a food truck, permanently parked behind a gas station in downtown Haymarket. They only offer two flavors. But they have picnic tables and benches set up to eat in the sunshine. They have a fun pickle dude out front for family photo-ops. And you can't beat the price! In a time when we have a lot of big ticket items coming up (mostly due to my going back to school), good cheap inexpensive fun is just what the doctor ordered! To be perfectly honest, I'm having a lot of fun researching fun summer activities and outings that are low on cost but high on fun...and so far, it's shaping up to be a great summer!
So, I decided that another day at Pickle Bob might be in store the next time we had visitors! And, after a full day of picking lavender, I thought it would be the perfect ending to a fun day. Mama and I had dropped Little Brother off at my house for a much-needed nap after chasing Buddy Man around all day before I ran over to my doctor's office to get a vaccine I need for school. After patiently waiting in the car, we drove down the street to Pickle Bob's for vanilla cones and lots of smiles...
...and I just know it won't be our last visit this summer!

No comments:
Post a Comment