The other day, when I posted about all the things for which I'm excited lately, I forgot to mention a few...
- My magnolia tree is blooming. I love the smell of magnolias. This Southern Gal is giddy with excitement!!
- I made the jump to a smart phone. After much resistance, I am the proud owner of an iPhone 4 (so what if the 5 is out; mine was free).
- We have day care all set up for the boys. Oh, I already mentioned that? Well, I'm still excited!
- I have a bunch of appointments set up to fulfill requirements for nursing school. Physicals, vaccinations, orientation, and more. It's getting real and I'm both petrified and ecstatic at the same time. I'm looking forward to making some school friends that maybe become normal friends once we're all done and forming a bunko or book club or something.
- I learned how to check out books from the library on my Kindle. Like the phone, I'm probably behind the times, but I'm loving getting my summer reading done for free!
- My bills are all paid and Hubs and I finally actually wrote everything down and made a much more realistic budget. We realized that we just had unreasonable expectations for my portion of the family finances, and now I don't need to stress nearly as much!
- Likewise, Hubs and I have had many discussions lately about how we really need to be better about working in quality time together as a family, and more importantly, as a couple. Since we have a lot of things coming up that will drastically change our lifestyle (full-time school for me, daycare for two boys) we know that we can't be quite as frivolous as we once were, but we also know that at least once per month we need to work in something fun, something different, and something that builds memories. We're starting this weekend. If the weather cooperates. I'll let you know how it goes!
- My sons are ridiculously cute. Witness the following:

Buddy Man enjoying a cupcake on his 2nd Birthday! 
Dutch enjoying rice cereal on his 3-month Birthday 
Buddy Man feeding Dutch a bottle. He
volunteered for this. I'm just glad my
camera was close-by to capture the moment!!
Dutch is already a quarter of a year old! How's that happen?!?
Budgets are so lame, but I've found life is easier with one in place. We are struggling through our "readjustment for impending second baby" budget and it is definitely getting me more into the "what can we do for free?" frame of mind.
ReplyDelete