Friday, February 1, 2013

5QF: Welcome to February and the end of my 20s

That's right, Ladies and Gents, February is my birth month.  Yes, I'm turning 30 this year.  I'm neither dreading it nor embracing it; it simply is what it is.  But, as my birthday is at the end of the month, I still have a while to revel in my 20s.  Yep, my birthday's the 28th.  No, I'm not an "almost" Leap Year baby, as 1983 wasn't a leap year.  But I was born on my due date, during the last episode of M*A*S*H.  But let's just get on with Five Question Friday, shall we?  Lord knows I have a ton of errands to run today, and if my toddler knows what's good for him, he won't skip both his naps today like he did yesterday!

1. What is your favorite book to read with your kids?  I really don't have a favorite, and neither does my little guy...yet.  I try to rotate stories at bedtime, but it's fun to see his attention span expanding and him noticing things in the pictures!

2. After having kids, what body part has changed the most?  Let's see...the whole darn thing?  I'm actually nearly 35 weeks pregnant with #2, so we'll see what gets out of whack yet again.  But I will also say that my lady parts will likely never be the same.  Sigh.

3. Would you ever go back to college? What would you study?  Haha!  I'm right there!  I have a degree in Marketing from Notre Dame and am currently taking my last pre-req and applying to nursing programs here in the DC area.  The plan is to get a second Bachelors degree and become a Labor and Delivery nurse (and later a Certified Nurse Midwife)!

4. How do you close a phone call? Bye, bye bye or other?  Depends on who's on the other end.  Family gets "I love you", business calls usually end with some form of "have a great day", and everyone else gets a generic "bye".

5. What is the one food that will always be your "cheat food" on a diet?  Ice cream.  Hands down.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Fellow military wife as well! AND I am turning 30 this year as well! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete