Between Hubs tackling about a million projects and my mom coming up a few weekends ago to help hang drapes and pictures and attack some sewing projects, the house is now done! Well, I won't say 100% done, because I still have a few empty picture frames (for which I just ordered prints) and other little things to put here and there, but for the most part, it's done! So I thought I'd give you a little photo tour of our new abode! Enjoy!
Coming inside the front door. There's a coat closet immediately to your left, before the stairs. As you continue in, there are stairs to the basement and a powder room on the left, and an entrance to the kitchen on the right. Straight ahead are the living and dining room on the left with the family room to the right.
If you walked just inside the house and turned around, this is what you'd see! Hubs upgraded all the locks for exterior doors and rekeyed everything so we'd have only one key for the whole house and also changed the doorknobs on all the exterior doors!
Moving further inside...
Powder room...this house didn't have any blinds, so Hubs installed them in the powder room and three of the bedrooms. Haven't decided if we'll install more in the guest room or living/dining rooms as well.
Further into the house, looking into the living room and dining room
Living room
 |
| Dining room. That is my china inside Nana's china hutch, which I inherited from her when she passed away in July. Also Nana's antique picture of two ladies having tea to the right of the hutch. |
 |
| Dining room table, with Nana's hope chest to the right and fan on the wall to the right of the window was the fan Nonnie (Nana's mother) carried in her wedding. Hubs put in a dimmer switch for the chandelier in here, which will be great for holiday dinners! |
 |
| Nana's hope chest. I have a small photo of Gramps and Nana on Christmas Eve the year he gave it to her, which I need to frame and put here. The story goes (I think) that Gramps was still a midshipman at the Academy (not sure what year) and couldn't afford an engagement ring yet, so he gave her this chest as a promise that a ring and proposal was forthcoming. I think Grammy (Gramps' mom) loved the chest so much that Gramps had to have one made for her too, but I might have that part wrong... |
 |
Tassel tie-backs for the drapes in the living and dining rooms
|
 |
| To the right of the dining room is the family room, which opens into the kitchen. There's also a patio door to the left of the fireplace, and in a few months we'll have a patio to go with it! We just contracted with a guy to do a paver patio out back, so as soon as we get the plans approved by the Homeowners Association we can move forward with that project... |
 |
| Since all the toys are now in the basement (unlike in Monterey where I had them in the family room) Mom suggested we get a little basket for books for Bunkey so that he'll have something to look at when he's upstairs with me while I cook dinner. We're still working on teaching him what he's not allowed to touch, but he's enjoying his "bassa" (basket) of books! |
 |
| Coming from the family room into the kitchen. I still can't believe how much better it looks now that we're done with the backsplash!! |
 |
| I'm loving all the storage space! In fact, I actually have empty shelves!! That said, some of my things (cutting boards and bakeware) are a tight fit, so even with all that space, I do wish a few of the lower cabinets were just a tad more wide. Oh well. |
 |
| Hubs's corner of the kitchen holds the blender and coffee pot and a nice little cubby for the mail and his keys/wallet/phone! We also got a new 'fridge and oven/stove as the appliances in this kitchen were rather dated. Next up is the dishwasher! |
No comments:
Post a Comment