Since I photo-bombed you yesterday with pictures of the ground floor, I thought I'd hold off on the rest for today and tomorrow! Here's a look at our second floor!
 |
| As you come up the stairs, there are French doors that lead to the master bedroom... |
 |
| We "flipped" the bedding and furniture from our old master and guest rooms so that we could have a "new" look this time around. Of course, we had to get a new dresser and a few other things in order to do that, but we're both really happy! Hubs likes the masculinity of the darker woods (and the fact that the pink flowers are no longer in the master bedroom!) and I love the soft aqua and taupes that bring in some girliness! The bedside table on my side of the bed (the left side) is actually an urn Mom and I found with a glass topper balancing on it. It was a little wobbly on the carpet, so Hubs mounted the urn on a 12x12 floor tile that matches the carpet for stability. |
 |
| There's also a sitting "room" in the master, so we pulled a bench I used to use in the family room for this space, and Mom made me a new cushion for it with fabric from her new duvet cover! We also cut up the old drapes from when I used this bedding in the guest room to make a new table cloth for that small round table. |
 |
| My new dresser and mirror that Hubs is very jealous of! But his closet has a ton of shelving, so he's able to fit all his things in there! |
 |
| We still had space for another chair that's great for putting on shoes and an armoire that houses our large reading pillows to keep them out of sight, which was always a pet peeve of mine before! |
 |
| Between that chair and the armoire leads to the master bath, via the two walk-in closets. It's official, now every house we live in will have to have his and hers closets because this is GREAT!! |
 |
| Right side of the master bath is a huge soaking tub, which looks so inviting, but isn't much fun to clean with my big ole pregnant belly, so guess I'll have to wait before I can try it out! |
 |
| Hubs is really excited that we have a shower stall rather than a tub/shower combo, and I love it too....just wish there was a bench for leg shaving in there! |
 |
| Another must, but one we've been lucky to have in every house since we got married....double sinks in the master! Since I gave Hubs the side with the medicine cabinet to store his toiletries, he found some great plastic drawers for under my side for me to keep mine...keeping my makeup organized has never been easier! AND he's already had to replace some of the plumbing underneath because he cracked a pipe retrieving a (fake) diamond earring I dropped down the drain! |
 |
| Just across the hall from our room is the laundry room. I still can't decide if I like having the laundry upstairs or down better, but it sure is convenient to dump it all on my bed for folding and then distribute to the appropriate room without having to lug a basket of clothes upstairs! |
 |
| Standing at the top of the stairs and looking down the hall... |
 |
| By far the smallest bedroom, but perfect for Bunkey! He inherited bedding that belonged to Big Brother many years ago and Hubs's bedroom furniture from before we were married! His bookcase and toychest (filled with extra blankets, not toys!) and rocky horse round out the room. Keeping him in his bed at naptime is a challenge, but we're getting there... |
 |
| Bunkey's "horsey room" includes Polo Ponies on the bedding, Kentucky Derby artwork on the walls, a cowboy print above this dresser, and my old riding helmet from England...I think we have all styles of riding covered! |
 |
| The nursery! It's much larger than Bunkey's room, but once we no longer need the crib and changing table, we'll put Bunkey in here with Hubs's old queen-sized bed and #2 will move into the horsey room. |
 |
| The baby armoire from Mamaw that my mom and her siblings used, then Aunt J's kids, and then my cousin's kids! I'm so glad it was passed down to me to use as well! |
 |
| Guest room, with our old bedding and Nana's dressing table to the left of the bed... |
 |
| Even this room is larger than the master we had in Monterey! It's spacious and really turned out pretty!!! AND it's open for guests anytime, so just let us know when you want to come visit! |
 |
| The boys/guest bathroom. I got new (grey and blue) towels for the master bath, and got rid of the faded green towels we used to have in the master bath before we changed the bedding.... So the boys inherited the old guest bath linens (khaki and navy blue) and the sailboat picture of Hubs's mentors gave him that somehow always ends up being hung in a bathroom! Works well for a little boy bathroom, especially with all the plastic boat bath toys!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment