I've been a little remiss about blogging over here lately. The cooking blog appears to get quite a bit more of my attention, but that's because many of my recipes are scheduled posts of dishes I made months ago and because a recipe is just that. No funny stories, cute pictures of my son, or other moments of genius required.
Needless to say, I needed some inspiration. I had an idea (this Retro Mama thing; I promise I'll get to it in a minute) but that was sitting on the back burner, waiting for me to do the preliminary work associated with carrying out said idea.
Well, now Bunkey is on a pretty great schedule (I think I've mentioned that before) and I have some more down time in my day when blogging can take precedence over cleaning, working out, and my ever-growing to-do list from my Reserve unit (don't tell). Yay for nap time! Don't judge, you know you live for nap time just as much as I do!
And so today I birthed my plan. Some background: Every year, Santa (erm, my husband....ok, well, really I) puts a new planner in my stocking. I need a calendar I can keep in my purse to hopefully ensure I never miss an appointment. Well, two Christmases ago (yes, that would be Christmas 2010) I found this cute "Retro Mama" weekly planner. Each week-at-a-glance page had a acute retro picture and funny quip. When Christmas came around this year and it was time for me to get a new planner, I couldn't bear to throw out my used up Retro Mama version without saving those great quips. And I thought it might make a fun(ny?) weekly blog post when inspiration and creativity are lacking and I need a little push to post something. So today I ripped all those pages out of the spiral binding, scanned all 69 pages (it was a 16-month planner), cropped off the ragged edges in my scanned files, and here we are! For the next 69 weeks, I'll pick out a page that I liked, maybe that was appropriate for that particular week, and maybe I'll post something along that theme. Maybe I'll let the picture speak for itself.
We'll just see how this goes. Bear with me. Join in if you'd like, but make sure to leave me a link to your post in the comments so I can follow along!
Obviously, I posted the picture at the beginning of this post, and after explaining my new weekly, I don't think I need to add on to this week's theme. We've all been there. We've all needed to take a break from blogging. Either for a week, a month, or a year.
Life's busy.
We get it.
No comments:
Post a Comment