I think we can all agree that there is no process that involves more learning and guess-work than becoming a parent. For that reason, I know I've always appreciated any advice I can get from my fellow mommies! I wanted to share a few products that have been invaluable to me as we delve into the second half of Bunkey's first year! No, none of these companies have compensated me for my endorsements; this is just me being nice and letting you know what products I think are fabulous! I hope this info helps you out either now or in the future!
My in-laws gave Bunkey this gorgeous toy chest for Christmas this year. It was easy to assemble, super sturdy, and holds a ton! In fact, I have a rather large basket housed inside this chest to keep board books organized. The chest doubles as a seat, and looks great in our family room (where Bunkey spends the majority of his time during the day). This will be awesome when we do have a playroom...or if I ever agree to Bunkey having toys in his room. My only hope is that they still have this version when we have our next baby so the kids will have matching chests... And by the way, you can choose from about half a dozen colors, and some can be personalized! One more plug: KidKraft has some amazing craft tables that several of my in-real-life friends have used and loved!
![]() |
| Kid Kraft Limited Edition Toy Chest in Espresso |
We bought this Baby Einstein exersaucer several months ago...perhaps when Bunkey was only four months old. He's only recently really been tall enough to bounce in this seat and spin around to enjoy the toys. In short, he loves hanging out in his "command center" and squeals with delight at each new discovery. He does tire of this toy in about 30 minutes, but that's the upper limit recommended by pediatricians to avoid hip issues, so I'm ok with that!
![]() |
| Baby Einstein Musical Motion 2-in-1 StationaryJumper and Entertainer |
These paci straps have been my best friend from the beginning! Not only do they come in cute patterns and colors, but we use the Soothie pacifiers (one-piece, handed out in many hospitals), and this is the only brand that works with them! Since the lanyard portion that you loop through the paci is thin, rather than the wider ribbon-style of other paci straps, this bad boy works for any paci on the market! I can't begin to tell you how upset I was when ours broke on Christmas Eve, just before we were leaving for church, and I couldn't fix it. Within days, I made a special trip to Babies R Us (the only store I know of who sells this brand) and bought two new ones. They're also $5 online at the website linked below...
![]() |
| BooginHead Paci-Grip |
My aunt and uncle gave Bunkey this toy for Christmas and now I'm on the hunt for other toys by this company! The puppy stretches and each section of his tummy is a brightly-colored crinkly textured fabric. His nose squeaks and his tail rattles. Bunkey loves "Mr Crinkles" and this is his favorite Christmas present by far!
![]() |
| Alex Junior Stretchy Puppy |
From what I hear, it's a rule to have drama when installing a safety gate. We were no exception! Since we live in military housing, we really don't want to drill too many holes that we'll just have to fill when we move in a year. Luckily, the layout of our house means that we can should be able to get away with just one gate. For now, we only need to block the opening between the family room and the kitchen, since Bunkey is in the family room for most of the day. Once he starts walking, we can move the gate to the bottom of the stairs in order to give him more freedom to explore, but still stay safe. Well, we measured, and remeasured, yet somehow we still bought a gate 2.5 inches too short. And I might have broken one of the components before I made that realization. Another trip to the store, a bit of prepping my explanation for why I didn't have my receipt, and the hope and prayer that they had another similar gate with some extra width, and I was set! I love this product. It's white (versatile), metal (sturdy), pressure-mounted (doesn't require I drill holes in my cabinets since I really can't in this house), tall (so is Bunkey), and a walk-through (easier than crawling over)!
![]() |
| Summer Infant Sure and Secure Extra-Tall Walk-Thru Gate |
![]() |
| Beaba Babycook |






No comments:
Post a Comment