Get ready, readers, there's about to be a ton of exciting stuff over here at Hagan House! I realize that I've been a little remiss in posting lately. Life happens, ya know? Either that or I haven't been doing anything new, so I don't really have an tantalizing tales to recount in the form of blog posts. And I really don't want you to be bored.
But, I'm about to receive the best birthday present ever! My mama is coming to visit! I didn't want to say anything before since we were looking into plane ticket options, schedules, ailing grandparents (and their ensuing drama and extensively expanding needs), and many other factors. But Mama's got her tickets in hand and it's really gonna happen now! She's coming for two weeks! She's coming without either of my brothers. (Don't get me wrong, I love both my brothers, but I'm in dire need of one-on-one Mama time wherein I get her full attention.) She'll be here over my birthday (love ya, Hubs, but Mama's birthday cakes are bound to be much better that what you could produce...or buy)! In short, I can't wait! I already have a ton planned and it's going to be so much fun exploring with her, showing her some of the adventures we've already been on and seeing some new things, and really just having some girly time! I need that. Mama needs that. And Bunkey needs to know his Mozie! I'm elated...can't you tell?!
And the bonus? We're going to take an extended weekend while Mama's here to drive to San Diego to see my aunt and uncle, take Bunkey to the zoo, and hopefully enjoy some sunny SoCal weather!
In the meantime, we have some other things to look forward to... I'm finally heading to the Farmer's Market (well, one of them) this week! It's been a seven-month plan (in other words, since we moved here) and I can't believe I haven't gone yet! I'm super thrilled and need to head to the ATM some time today so I have plenty of cash on hand for my adventure tomorrow! I am hoping the prices aren't too crazy because I'm toying with the idea of saying sayonara to the commissary and doing all my shopping at the markets if I can.
Next week, Bunkey and I are embarking upon another new adventure together! Water Babies! I swam competitively all through school. As in, from first grade through my senior year of high school. I'm SCUBA certified. I water ski. I love the water. It's like a second home and I can't lie, I love the smell of a highly chlorinated indoor pool. It's just memories of swim meets. It's important to me that my kid (and future kids) love the water as much as I do and feel comfortable in the water. I want them to love pools and lakes and oceans and rivers as I do. I want them to enjoy boats of all kinds. I want them to be proficient swimmers (but if they're on a swim team, I'd love that too!). The class we're taking is a parent participation class and I can't wait! And my mom will be here for one of the classes too, so she'll get to watch (and take pictures!).
I'll be sure to keep you posted. Hopefully I'll be posting more. Hopefully we'll have plenty to post about!
No comments:
Post a Comment