Well, a few days ago, I was really excited about the thought of going into labor, and I was seriously hoping it'd be a bit early and I could just get it over with...
But right now my house looks like a war-zone (it's in varying degrees of organized chaos!) and my feet are swollen beyond belief. Seriously, Hubs has been so busy with his last few days of work that he couldn't get much done around here. So this weekend we've dedicated the majority of our time (minus a few hours at a neighborhood block party on my mom's street last night) to prepping for the movers...who come on Tuesday!
We have the drapes all down. The windows have been washed, and I am just about done with cleaning the gunk out of the bottom of the windows (ya know, when the dirt and bugs and crap get trapped between the screen and the window and just hang out forever?). Hubs has taken everything off the walls, and the nails and pictures hangers are all in zip-lock baggies labeled with the rooms to which they belong. I have a pile started of things to take to my mom's and extra food-stuff that the packers won't take that I'll just give to Mom. Hubs successfully drank the majority of the liquor and the specialty liqueurs have all been donated to Mom as well. My china and crystal is packed next to Hubs' guns, and those will also live with Mom while we're in California... So, we've gotten a lot done...
...but there is still a ton to do! I just want to organize our piles a bit more so that I have a methodical system and can direct the movers in a logical sequence on Tuesday. I'm hoping that'll help me when it comes time to unpack in about a month.
And of course we still have to pack our own suitcases with the things we'll need while we're living with my mom for the next two or three weeks!
So, yes, I've changed my mind. As ready as I was to go into labor and meet Bunkey last week, at this point he's (no, I still don't know if "he" is a boy or girl, but using an ambivalent "he" is better than typing "he or she" each time!) taken his time so I'd really prefer he stay put for at least three more days. Basically, if it were up to me we'd be meeting Bunkey some time between June 1st and 3rd, which would keep me out of the hospital until the movers/packers are done, and get me outta there before Little Brother's high school graduation on the 6th! (I would miss his party on the 4th, unless they let me out early, but I suppose if I have to miss one thing, I'd rather miss the party than the actual ceremony!)...
So....please send me some un-labory thoughts for the next couple of days.... I go back to the doctor to get stripped again on Tuesday, and as long as I can make it through the packers visit on Wednesday (should just be them putting all the boxes on the truck) I'll be good to go!
Our movers moved our liquor. I didn't expect them to move any liquids, but they did :)
ReplyDeleteSo does this mean June 1 is back on the table?? Well, I hope your baby cooperates with you this one time. Good luck, and stay away from spicy things!
Hopefully you won't go into labor before or during the packing on Tuesday, but my guess is Bunkey has a mind of his/her own. Although if you're like most first time mom's you might be trying to induce your own labor after making it well past your little brother's graduation :). Remember castor oil is a last resort :).
ReplyDelete