Monday, May 16, 2011

Full Term

Whelp...I'm officially 37 weeks and full term!!

Had my weekly appointment earlier this afternoon....  When they first called me back they had me hooked up for a Non-Stress Test, which monitors the baby's heart rate and how it reacts to movement, to make sure the placenta is functioning properly and the baby is getting enough blood and oxygen.  I was a little surprised because I wasn't expecting the test and haven't had any concerns about the baby not moving throughout the day or anything like that.  When I asked the tech why I was being checked, she said she didn't know and would find out.  Well, after about 10 minutes, Dr L's normal nurse came back and told me that they were running behind schedule, so she just had them test me so I could hear the baby's heart rate for a little while and put my feet up for a few minutes so I wouldn't have to hang in the waiting room twiddling my thumbs.  There was no medical reason at all!

Of course, when Dr Lee came in to see me, she reconfirmed all of that...  I think she knew I was a little freaked out that they were testing me and I wasn't sure why!  So everything turned out ok!  Baby's heart rate is still nice and strong and 140-150!!  She also did an internal exam and I am dilated to 1 cm and 50% effaced already!!  I've had a few small contractions during walks around the neighborhood, but nothing serious yet....just my body practicing for the main event.  Dr L guessed that I'd go into labor within the next two weeks, and Mom is guessing some time this week just because we're supposed to have a lot of rain (lower barometric pressure theory!).  I am crossing my fingers I make it to at least a week from tomorrow (Tuesday) since Dr L is going to be out of town this coming weekend and I really want her to be the doctor at my delivery, rather than one of her partners.

So, as of right now, we're still just waiting and trying to get ourselves prepared for this adventure!!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! The 37 week mark is so huge! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I cant believe you're full term! It's so exciting! It feels weird for me to be almost 24 weeks already. 37 will be here before I know it!

    ReplyDelete