Whelp, I'm officially 9 months pregnant!! I had my 36 week check-up today and everyone is looking great... Baby's heartbeat was "happy" (Dr's exact words) and all my vitals were good too. Dr L and I talked about my goals as far as a natural, medicine-free, vaginal delivery and what sorts of things I should be open to in case things don't go "as planned" so I feel comfortable about that. She told me that she'd like to see my body start to prepare itself with some contractions just to see that we're moving along (I have had a few while at the gym, and she was happy to hear that, since it at least means my body knows what to do!), and that next week she'll check to see if I'm at all dilated and getting ready for the "main event"...once I hit the 37 week mark (one week from today) if I go into labor she will not stop me. If I hit the 41 week mark, she'll induce me. So right now the goal is to just be comfy, stay active, and see what my body does on its own!
After my appointment, Mom really helped me out at the house... We washed, folded, and packed all the newborn-sized clothes she helped me buy a couple of weeks ago. So all of Baby H's clothes are in the suitcase and ready to travel. We also washed a bunch of bottles and put together a bag of blankets, bottles, diapers, etc to take to her house for the time between delivery and flying to CA. We also went to Walgreens and bought travel-sized toiletries and snacks for while I'm in the hospital...and then we came back home and packed up a duffel bag for me! So I'm feeling a bit more organized now, knowing that things are at least washed and packed and ready to go, with the exception of just a few essentials that I simply can't pack until the last minute!
We also took a family heirloom piece of furniture (over 60 years old and used for my mom and all her siblings as well as Mom's older sister's kids and grandkids) to a cabinet maker's shop to get some repairs. Everyone from my aunt's side of the family was finished using this piece (a baby armoire) and she offered it to me, and Mom's getting it fixed up for us as a baby gift! It looks great now, and will be even better after a couple coats of paint! Mom and I picked out a color I like, but we're going to wait and paint it once we're in CA so it won't get chipped in the move. We also went to a baby store here in town and picked out a fabulous gliding chair and ottoman for the nursery that Hubs is going to get me as a baby gift, although we're going to wait and order it once we're in CA just to be sure it goes to the right place!
Mom's definitely a saint and deserves way more than the lunch I bought her today for all the help she's been! I'm so glad (and lucky) that she lives close by and is able to help me figure all this out since I have NO CLUE what I'm doing!! :-)
Anyway, that is the latest with my doctor's appointment and everything else! We'll be in touch as the weeks go by!!
No comments:
Post a Comment