Wednesday, October 6, 2010

What's Cooking Wednesday: Apple Bites

As promised, I am sharing some fun Halloween recipes during October's What's Cooking Wednesday posts (and linking them to Theme Party Thursday over at Ain't She Crazy) !  While I snagged some of the pictures off the web while researching for scary ideas, I have made all of these trick-or- treats and can vouch for their ghoulish goodness!  Feel free to use these ideas for your child's next school, scout, or sports team party!!  Happy Halloween!
A super tasty (and healthy) treat!  All you need are apples (a variety of colors is the most fun) and slivered almonds!  Just quarter and core each apple.  Cut a wedge from the skin side of each piece and press slivered almonds in place for teeth.  Dip the chunks you cut out in peanut butter or caramel for a treat while you cook!  If you don't plan to serve these right away, brush the apples with orange or lemon juice to keep them from turning brown!

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha so cute! Though, here in TN, I'd probably stuff an almond IN a raisin, THEN poke it in... you know, for authenticity ;o) How're you feeling? (Not to burst your bubble, but morning sickness doesn't usually kick off until week 6-7, m'dear - enjoy it now!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are HILARIOUS, what a great idea for a Halloween party!! And thanks for the Fall driving ideas, I think we will take a weekend trip along Skyline Drive, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your idea Melis!! Still feeling ok, just tired, and thanking my lucky stars for every day that goes by with no nausea. I am hoping I follow in my mom's footsteps with ZERO morning sickness, but only time will tell. I had a rather...erm... *MESSY* patient today (let's just say that after a week of clear liquids only, her post-op prune juice finally kicked in...in a BIG way!) and I was fine, so I'm hoping that is a good sign!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these, Kate. Thanks for linking up with Theme Party Thursday. It just so happens that MckLinky is updating today and everything went DOWN! Ahhhhhkkkk! But I saved everything that was entered and will re-enter if I have to. Can you believe they are doing that today? What are the odds??

    And by the way, I never got sick, not once with 4 kids, so it is possible. I did get Super tired though. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are too fun. What a great idea. Visiting from Thursday Theme Party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are creepy yet I love them!! I'm going to try these!

    And a Canadian thanksgiving is the exact same as the American - turkey etc!

    ReplyDelete