Monday, October 4, 2010

My Favorite Things: More Fall Fun

Today my mom called me after class to see if I wanted to meet her at Michael's to help her pick out some finishing touches to her fall decor.  Not really wanting to start on my care plan for the surgical patient I took care of last week, I jumped at the chance!

Of course, I didn't plan on buying anything, but once inside one of my favorite stores, I couldn't help myself.  Especially when I saw that Halloween stuff was already 40% off!  WTF?!?  I know, but I did see some cute things (like a large skeleton) that I decided would complete my spooky family room...  But Mom needed some candles for a couple lanterns she has on the mantle.  Imagine my excitement when I discovered colored flameless candles!  I'd seen the white and cream colored flameless candles before, but was never really enamored with them because they weren't realistic looking.  The candles looked like plastic and the "flame" was simply a small bulb, with no life-like flickering.  Well these candles are actually made of wax, scented like everyone's favorite Yankee Candle, flicker due to three LED bulbs, and have a built-in four hour timer so you can program your candles to be turned on when you want without having to flip the switch every day!  Of course, they were a little pricier than the other candles, but when you consider that you don't have to replace them, I think they're worth it  Get on over to Michael's or Target to get some of your own...or check out EnjoyLighting to see where they're sold near you!

Picture from product website

No comments:

Post a Comment