Monday, February 1, 2010

The box might SAY they're flushable...

...but they're not.

When I was in 11th grade, my toilet clogged. My dad had to snake it. He wasn't very happy when he pulled the snake out and was hit in the face with a tampon. Can you blame him? I can't.

I haven't flushed any sort of feminine product in any toilet since.

So when my toilet would not drain yesterday, I was little more than annoyed. Yes, Patrick replaced the entire flushing mechanism last summer when the commode was continually draining. And yes, there had always been a bit of a problem since. But it wasn't all the time, and when the toilet wouldn't flush, a little plunger action did the trick. And when a nor'easter came through this past fall? Sure the toilet backed up a bit, but it was fine as soon as the water levels throughout the city went down. But yesterday? The plunger didn't work, the snake didn't work, running other water sources to help with the pressure in my main line didn't work.

I gave up and called a plummer.

He came over with a Super Snake. I told him it wouldn't work, that I'd already tried to snake the thing, but he tried anyway. Guess what? It didn't work. So he found the main relief cut-out or whatever you call it under the sink in my bathroom and ran a motorized really really long snake down that. And guess what he found?

Tampons.

Remember how I was annoyed before? Well now I was annoyed and perplexed. How can tampons clog my toilet when I've never put a tampon down the toilet? And I bought this house brand new?

And when the plummer (who was a really nice guy, by the way) slapped me with a $211 bill? Well, then I was annoyed, perplexed, and angry at the mystery tampon flusher, of course!!

No comments:

Post a Comment