Monday, August 31, 2009

Summer Days, Drifting Away...

Can you believe it?!? 2009 is two thirds of the way over!! Although it's still upwards of 90 degrees and super humid here in Virginia, it's easy to see that the days are getting shorter and summer flowers are on their last legs. School is starting again and high school football is already in full swing. Pretty soon the fireflies will go away, the leaves will change colors, and I'll have to put away my flip flops. And as sad as I am to see the warm sunny weather give way to crisp autumn afternoons, I'm excited for trips to the pumpkin patch, crackling fires and yummy pots of soup bubbling on the stove!

All that said, this Fall will be different for me. Patrick will be deploying and I'll be working hard to stay busy and make the time fly! Apple picking with my parents, musicals at Chrysler Hall, classes at the local college, and teaching CCD at my church are sure to fill my days. I'm planning a Yard Sale to get rid of some of the junk we have piled in the garage and a trip to North Carolina to help my Nana clean out her attic. Rearranging various rooms and touching up some nicks on our walls are on my To Do list. I'm even thinking about restoring my flute and taking Celtic Flute Lessons at a nearby music store.

Anyone with fun fall activities, a book club, or ideas to pass the time, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment