Saturday, July 13, 2013

Mommy Makeover

Is it just me or is Groupon one of the Seven Wonders of the Internet World?  I've only been a member for about two years now, but I love the benefits I get from such a great little application!

As I mentioned, I joined Groupon (and LivingSocial, and Yipit, and several other similar services that have cropped up) about two years ago.  We'd just moved to Monterey, CA and I didn't know a thing about the area.  I discovered Groupon when I purchased a deal for apple picking at an orchard not far from our home.  We had a great time and I quickly learned that not only were Groupon et al wonderful for finding great deals for family outings, salon services, dinners out, and more, but they gave me insight into my new hometown!  I found myself scouring the "daily deals" for fun things to do, comparing the different websites, and planning fun activities for my growing family.  Thanks to deals on Groupon and LIvingSocial, we went to Napa Valley and San Francisco, joined a great online wine store, saved some money at a few restaurants, went on a walking tour of Monterey, and more.

Just recently, I joined a few similar sites that are local to Northern Virginia, and while I haven't found any great deals that were advantageous to me, I have learned about several local venues that have been amazing "field trips" for me and the boys (most recently, a lavender farm and polo school).

Anyway, you just want to know what any of this has to do with a Mommy Makeover, don't you?  Well, several months ago, I gave Hubs a "wish list" of things I'd like to get fixed.  No, this wasn't a Honey Do list for home projects.  This was an overhaul of myself!  First on the list was fixing my bunions.  I've taken care of one foot, but the timing just isn't right for the other.  I'd also like to get lasik eye surgery.  But one thing I've always wanted to do is relieve myself of monthly/bi-monthly trips to the waxing lady and hauling razors and shaving cream on every vacation and timing my trips to the pool/beach with when I last shaved.  I hate shaving, folks.  So when Hubs saw a laser hair removal deal of Groupon, and then found two or three more, we started doing some research.  I decided on the clinic I wanted to use, bought the deal, and determined which area I wanted fuzz-free first.

This morning I had my first appointment with Vita Nova to remove my under-arm hair.  Let me tell you, I'm meticulous about my pit hair.  I shave at least every other day.  It's annoying.  I hate it.  I get razor burn.  But I can't stand the fuzz.  Naturally, that's the area I decided to de-fuzz first.  The ladies in the clinic were awesome.  They offered me a package to add on other areas, which I needed to talk to my husband about first, and which I'll be calling on Tuesday to see if I can still take advantage of.  The treatment area was clean and the procedure was pretty quick (10 minutes or so!).  But it was not pain-free.  The sharp little pinches involved were intense.  If/when I do a more sensitive area (hello bikini line!) I'll be taking some pain meds first!

Either way, I'm excited to see the results.  I'm excited to never shave again.

I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel in regards to the armpits. I shave mine EVERY single day! (I'm Arabic, it's super dark, and it stinks if I don't!) You just inspired me to start looking up more deals in this town!

    ReplyDelete